Update Report 2019: Hormones and Pain Care – “The Way Forward”
John F. Kennedy’s Pain Story: From Autoimmune Disease To Centralized Pain
Howard Hughes and Pseudoaddiction
Elvis Presley: Head Trauma, Autoimmunity, Pain, and Early Death
Doc Holliday: A Story of Tuberculosis, Pain, and Self-medication in the Wild West
Dr. Luigi Galvani: Lessons from the Father of Electromedicine
Articles in the Practical Pain Management Journal
- “Centralized Pain”: A New Consensus Phrase,May, 2012.
- The Critical Necessity to Diagnose Pain That Is Centralized,April, 2012.
- Partnering with Parents,April,2012.
- ECG Screening Prior to Initiating Methadone: Is it Really Necessary?,March, 2012.
- Cortisol Screening in Chronic Pain Patients,Jan/Feb 2012.
- FDA Removes Homeopathic HCG; Helps Legitimate Use In Pain Treatment,Jan/Feb 2012.
- Insomnia in Chronic Pain Patients,Nov/Dec 2011.
- Insights Into Patients’ Views About Topical Opioids: Observations From a Small Clinical Study,Oct, 2011.
- The Hip Replacement Patient,Sept, 2011.
- A Diet for Patients With Chronic Pain,July/Aug 2011.
- The Essential FDA/PDR Indications and Warnings For Opioid Prescribing,June, 2011.
- Hormone Therapies: Newest Advance in Pain Care,May, 2011.
- Understanding Electromagnetic Treatments,April,2011.
- Genetic Screening for Defects in Opioid Metabolism: Historical Characteristics and Blood Levels,March, 2011.
- Simultaneous Use of Stimulants and Opioids.,Jan/Feb 2011.
- Clinical Recognition of Central Abnormal Neuroplasticity,Nov/Dec 2010.
- Treat the Pain — Save a Heart.,Oct, 2010
- Brain Reorganization With Severe Pain: New Understanding And Challenges,Oct, 2010.
- Testosterone Replacement in Chronic Pain Patients,July/Aug 2010.
- The New Iontophoresis: Use Of High Potency Hormones And Modern Electromagnetic Instruments,June, 2010 .
- Making Practical Sense of Cytochrome P450,May, 2010.
- Taking Advantage of the Peripheral Opioid Receptor,April, 2010.
- Opioid Treatment 10-Year Longevity Survey,Jan/Feb, 2010.
- Hormone Replacements and Treatments in Chronic Pain,Jan/Feb 2010.
- Genetic Influences on Pain Perception and Treatment,Jan, 2010.
- Simultaneous Use of Opioid and Electromagnetic Treatments,Oct, 2009.
- Management Of The Chronic Pain Patient Who Requires Ultra-High Opioid Doses,Sept, 2009.
- Screening Blood Panel to Evaluate New Chronic Pain Patients,July, 2009.
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin in Pain Treatment,June, 2009.
- Opioid Treatment Longevity Study: Interim Report,May, 2009.
- Precursor Amino Acid Therapy,May, 2009.
- Amino Acids and Diet in Chronic Pain Management,April, 2009.
- Brain Atrophy with Chronic Pain: A Call for Enhanced Treatment,March, 2009.
- The Importance Of Amino Acids And Diet In Chronic Pain Management,April, 2009.
- Eye Screening and Intractable Pain Management, June, 2008.
- Viewpoint (Issues Surrounding Methadone Prescribing), April,2007.
- Neurogenesis, the Long-Term Goal for the Pain Patient, Nov/Dec, 2006.
- Identification and Management of Cardiac-Adrenal-Pain Syndrome, Sept, 2006.
- Documenting Pain with Cortisol and Pregnenolone Levels, Sept,2006.
- Individualizing Treatment Plans, July/Aug, 2006.
- Intrathecal Administration, May/June, 2006.
- Opioid Dosage Affected by P450 Enzymes, Malabsorption, April, 2006.
- Tennant Blood Study—Summary Report, March, 2006.
- Controlling Pain to Stabilize Concomitant Psychiatric and Physical Ailments, March, 2006.
- Tennant Blood Study — First Update, Jan/Feb, 2006.
- Some New, Practical Scientific Findings, Jan/Feb, 2006.
- Tennant Blood Study: Preliminary Report, Nov/Dec, 2005.
- Honesty with Patients Regarding Pain’s Incurability, Nov/Dec, 2005.
- Cardiovascular Consequences of Pain, Sept/Oct, 2005.
- Generic Opioids – Listen to the Patient, July/Aug, 2005.
- Don’t Listen to “One-Wayers” Who Preach Only One Treatment, May/June, 2005.
- Hormone Treatments in Chronic and Intractable Pain, April, 2005.
- Blood Level Monitoring, April, 2005.
- Diagnoses Is By Physical Examination, Not Pill Count, March, 2005.
- Use Care When Changing Pain Treatment, Nov/Dec, 2004.
- Sample Misstatements Made to Pain Patients, Sept/Oct, 2004.
- ESelf-administered Injectable Opioids, July/Aug, 2004.
- From Research To Practical Application – Review of Testosterone Gel Treatment Study, July/Aug, 2004.
- Pain, Sports, and Anabolic Steroids, May/June, 2004.
- Complications of Uncontrolled, Persistent Pain, Jan/Feb, 2004.
- Pain Treatment Does Not Interfere with Diagnosis or Treatment, Jan/Feb, 2004.
- Pain Complications and Treatment, Nov/Dec, 2003.
- Hypotestosteronemia in Pain Patients, Sept/Oct, 2003.
- Classification of Chronic Pain, Jul/Aug, 2003.
- Antidepressants in Pain Treatment, Jan/Feb, 2003.
- Intractable Pain, May/Jun, 2002.
- Normalization of Serum Cortisol Concentration With Opioid Treatment of Severe Chronic Pain, Jun, 2002.
- Use of Transmucosal Fentanyl in Non-Malignant, Chronic Pain, Sep, 2001.
- Evidence of a Clinical Neuroendocrine Syndrome in Severe Chronic Pain, Sep, 2001.
- Serum Cortisol Concentrations and Adrenal Reserve May Be Altered by Severe Chronic Pain, Sep, 2001.
- Opioid Serum Concentrations in Patients with Chronic Pain, Dec, 2007